Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
Cloudflight is a digital service provider which combines one of the best software development companies in Europe (Catalysts) with the leading research and advisory firm for cloud computing and digital business (Crisp Research). It’s backed by Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG), a listed Private Equity firm and leading investor in Europe. We bring together visionary digital strategists, experienced software architects, leading data scientists and cloud engineers. Together we help customers to design, build and operate scalable platforms and applications to grow their digital business. Cloudflight accelerates the digital journey of its customers by building “business as code”.
Job description and responsibilities
Are you ready to join a multinational team and work together with outstanding experts of the digital age?
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you
- are responsible for the stability & scalability of systems running state of the art technology & architecture
- improve the system design and build in reliability & maintainability
- spend your time on automation (e.g. Python, Go, Java, bash) instead of recurring tasks
- will identify and debug complex issues in a heterogeneous infrastructure system
- will share your findings with other project members by conducting a post-mortem analysis
- will sporadically travel to other office locations or to customer meetings
- will run systems on our DER CLUSTER infrastructure or public cloud (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- work with open source and cloud native technologies like:
- OpenShift, OpenStack, Kubernetes
- Linux & Containers (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOs, Docker)
- Gitlab, Teamcity, SonarQube, Artifactory
- Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Redis, MySQL, Postgres
- Graylog, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus
- Ceph, GlusterFS
For this challenging position we are looking for colleagues who has strong sound communication skills (English) and strong analytical skills.
- like to learn and love to solve challenges together with a team
- have a solid understanding of the tech stack and willingness to fill gaps if necessary
- have experiences with continuous integration (CI) tools and container technologies
- should be familiar with at least one of the following topics:
- Java build tools, such as Gradle in the context of Spring Framework, Hibernate etc.
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Cloud Computing (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Microservice architecture
- bonus points: manage Orchestration like OpenShift and/or Kubernetes almost in your sleep and you think that they are “so 2015”
What we offer you?
- taking over responsibility in various fields
- openness to new ideas and the opportunity to shape a naturally and rapidly growing business
- never getting bored while taking care of a broad-range of tasks
- a flat hierarchy where you have a lot of freedom and the chance to grow
- develop yourself in an international environment and distributed teams
- having a great work-life-balance due to our highly-flexible working hours and home-office
- spending quality time with your colleagues during social events – also across locations
That’s for you? We are happy to get to know you soon!
Please send us your resume and university transcripts in pdf-format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org